CLEANING YOUR GLOVES & MITTENS
- DO NOT DRY CLEAN.
- The surface can be spot-cleaned by gently rubbing the soiled area with a solution of Woolite and water. Leather palms and thumbs can be treated with a mild leather cleaner.
- Hand wash in COLD water. If you keep your hand inside the glove or mitten while washing and rinsing, it will help to preserve the shape.
- DO NOT use fabric softeners or bleach.
- Use a sport wash solution such as Nikwax Tech Wash, or use a solution of Woolite.
- Cleaning the inside of gloves or mittens is a little tricky. Try using a cloth soaked in the Nikwax or Woolite solution and GENTLY move it in and out of each glove finger. Plan B would be simply to spray Febreze inside.
- Rinse very thoroughly – or better yet, rinse twice.
- Gently squeeze most of the water from your gloves – DO NOT WRING. Wringing the water from your gloves or mittens can damage the lining and internal stitching. Again, this may be easier if you keep your hand inside the glove or mitten while squeezing.
- LINE-DRY your gloves or mittens until they are completely dry. DO NOT hang your gloves or mittens over a heat source to speed drying as this can damage the fabric and waterproof/breathable liner, or leather palms.
- If you want to restore the DWR (Durable Water Repellent), a spray-on type is recommended. A spray-on silicone leather protector will help preserve leather palms and thumbs.