Obermeyer Warranty Policy
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Obermeyer offers a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, which is applicable on outerwear only—ski jackets and ski pants. Obermeyer's warranty is only valid on items purchased through an Authorized Obermeyer Dealer to the original purchaser, and the purchaser must provide an original receipt for purchase.
Obermeyer's Limited Lifetime Warranty means that your garment will be free of manufacturer defects for a practical life span of the product—it does not mean the garment will last your lifetime. Lifetime of a product is determined by the amount and type of use plus care of the garment. All garments eventually show signs of wear, and wear-and-tear is not covered under Obermeyer's Limited Lifetime Warranty.
How will Obermeyer assess my garment's condition?
First we will determine if the garment is under warranty coverage. At Obermeyer's sole discretion, we will first try to repair a warrantied item; if we can't repair the item we'll replace it at equal value. Repairs that are not covered under warranty will be repaired at the owner's expense. You'll be notified of this choice before we begin the repair process. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express for repairs not covered under warranty. Be advised that Obermeyer will repair to functional utility. Zippers, pulls, logos and snaps will be repaired or replaced to the best of our ability. We have a dedicated repair staff, often a repair looks like a repair; for instance, Obermeyer uses custom colors and snaps and we may no longer have the original zipper color or snap design in stock. Obermeyer does not perform personal alterations.
What is not covered under Obermeyer's limited lifetime warranty?
- This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear-and-tear, incorrect laundering, or natural breakdown of colors and materials over time and/or usage
- Pant legs slashed by your ski edges are not covered under our warranty
- Goose down feather pull-through is normal and not warrantied
- Natural UV fading of colors
- Faux fur
- Damage to water repellent coatings due to duct tape, melting, or abrasion
- Obermeyer does not warranty purchases through consumer resale sites such as Craig's List, or eBay
- Counterfeit products
How do I return my garment for warranty evaluation?
Follow these steps:
- Wash the garment. Government regulations require that all garments be cleaned before returning, or they will be returned as-is, unrepaired..
- Bring the garment to the authorized Obermeyer dealer where the item was purchased. Remember to bring your receipt. Many Obermeyer dealers will return items to Obermeyer on your behalf, individual stores’ policies may vary.
- If you prefer to contact us directly, please call our Customer Service department for a Return Authorization (RA) number: 1-800-525-4203. Please have your garment in hand when you call so we locate the style number. Any return product that does not have a RA number will be returned, unrepaired.
- Write the RA number clearly on the outside of the box, and ship the product to: Obermeyer Warranty Services, 14185 East 42nd Avenue, Denver, CO 80239. Include your name, telephone number and street address (no P.O. boxes) with the shipment.
How long does a typical warranty repair order take?
Depending on the time of year, you may expect a 2-4 week turnaround. Some repairs may take longer if we have to order material or parts.
Who pays for the shipping on a return?
Obermeyer is happy to cover return shipping and the cost of repair on qualifying warranty claims. Shipping to Obermeyer is your responsibility. Obermeyer recommends shipping with a service that can provide tracking information, we are not responsible for packages lost in transit to Obermeyer.
- In Europe, Obermeyer offers a 2-year policy and is subject to individual country's laws and regulations.
- Within the U.S., rights under U.S. warranty laws vary state-to-state.
- In Canada, warranty rights may vary by province
Does Obermeyer perform out-of-warranty repairs?
If the repair is not covered under warranty, we'll be happy to repair it for you. There will be a reasonable cost involved; we' will notify you first of estimated charges. Be advised that repaired garments most likely will not appear brand new. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express for repairs not covered under warranty. If you've had your jacket over 10 years and a zipper broke, we suggest it's time to treat yourself to a new jacket.
What is the best way to care for my Obermeyer garment?
To wash, follow the care label on the inside of the garment. Zip all zippers prior to washing, and close all Velcro. To boost waterproofness, we recommend NIKWAX TX Direct; visit NIKWAX for options and follow the package's instructions.. Use caution around heat sources, including register heaters and fireplaces. Technical fabrics can melt, and this is not covered under our warranty policy.
Can I order a replacement zip-off sleeve, goggle wipe, belt, hood, etc. for my jacket or pant?
Sorry, due to storage, production, and constantly progressing designs, we can't replace lost components.